Saturday 19 November 2011

Itinerary

Reading my first two posts, it occurred to me that blogging the way I'm doing it (partially after the fact) is a bit too much like the movie Momento. Just to straighten it all out for you (and me!), here's a rough outline of where we've been already and when we were there.

Oct 3-4 Bangkok
Oct 6-9 Sydney
Oct 10-11 Blue Mountains (west of Sydney)
Oct 12-13 Lamington National Park (south of Brisbane)
Oct 14-15 Stradbroke Island (east of Brisbane)
Oct 16-19 Melbourne
Oct 20-25 Tasmania
Oct 26-28 Wilson's Promentory (south of Melbourne)
Oct 29-30 Great Ocean Road (west of Melbourne)
Nov 1-2 Auckland
Nov 3 Tiritiri Matangi (island near Auckland)
Nov 5 Rotorua and Waitomo (Central North Island)
Nov 6-12 Northern South Island (Queen Charlotte Sound, Abel Tasman and Nelson Lakes National Parks)
Nov 13-18 Queenstown, Te Anau, Milford Sound and some "Great Walk"ing
Nov 19-20 Christchurch
Nov 21 - off to Thailand...

Holy crap, no wonder I'm so tired. That's a lot of running around.

Hmm, I should include a cool picture. Any guesses what kind of animal this is? I got up early while camping in Mt Field NP (Tasmania) to try to find one. Leah thought there was no chance I'd see one (neither did I, really) so she stayed in bed. Fortunately for her, we managed to spot another two of them later in the trip. Need a hint? It's furry, lays eggs, and uses electrolocation to find it's prey. It is also the most stealthy animal I've ever seen. I knew I was watching it but could barely tell it was there. Moved like an oil slick.

No comments:

Post a Comment